What Is Behavioral Health (Mental health)?
Behavioral health (Mental health) includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Over the course of your life, if you experience mental health problems, your thinking, mood, and behavior could be affected. Many factors contribute to mental health problems, including:
- Biological factors, such as genes or brain chemistry
- Life experiences, such as trauma or abuse
- Family history of mental health problems
- Mental health problems are common but help is available. People with mental health problems can get better and many recover completely.
CPACS Cosmo Health Center provides culturally and linguistically competent mental health and alcohol & drug/substance abuse counseling services for adults on an individual or group level.
The following services are available: Counseling:
- Panic attack
- Teen ages Counseling
- Anger Managements
- Family Violence Intervention
- DUI Counseling
- DUI Evaluation
- Domestic Violence
Mental Health and Wellness
Positive mental health allows people to:
- Realize their full potential
- Cope with the stresses of life
- Work productively
- Make meaningful contributions to their communities
Ways to maintain positive mental health include:
- Getting professional help if you need it
- Connecting with others
- Staying positive
- Getting physically active
- Helping others
- Getting enough sleep
- Developing coping skills
- Learn More About Mental Health